Organic Asparagus Gems

Organic Asparagus Gems
Organic Asparagus Gems Organic Asparagus Gems Organic Asparagus Gems Organic Asparagus Gems Organic Asparagus Gems
Manufacturer: Hometown Foods, LLC
Product Code: 500-01
Reward Points: 5
Availability: 1
Price: $2.20
Price in reward points: 500
   - OR -   

This organic asparagus product is picked from the Hometown Foods garden, trimmed, cut, blanched, cooled, frozen and vacuum packaged the same day for a freshly picked flavor. 


Net Wt: Two 1 cup (5 oz.) pkgs. or ten ounces

Unit price:  $3.52/lb.

Ingredients:  Organic Asparagus

Nutritional quality:  Asparagus quality depends on how soon it is frozen after picking.  Asparagus has a high respiration rate causing it to be very perishable compared to other vegetables.   Freshly picked asparagus should be eaten within 48 hrs.  Asparagus is a great edible landscape plant for your house.  It grows back for years.  Asparagus is an excellent source of vitamin K and vitamin A.   Visit www.whfoods.com (the World’s Healthiest Foods) to learn more about the nutrients in asparagus.


Creative Cooking Ideas:  Frozen asparagus gems thaw quickly because they are sliced thin.  Add them to omelets, cooked vegetable salads or simply toss them into a vegetable soup at the last minute.


Recipes from HTF:   A simple recipe is to pan fry one cup of the frozen asparagus in a tsp. or two of chive butter.  When the asparagus is heated through add two to four well beaten eggs for a delicious omelet or scrambled eggs.


Grocery product comparisons:  Two frozen steamable non-organic asparagus products were found.  One, in an 8 oz. package, cost $4.38 per pound.  Another store brand steamable asparagus product cost $3.45 per pound.  Fresh asparagus cost $3.99 per pound.  However, the typical waste (tough stem) is 43%.  The real cost of the remaining 57% actually cost $9.28 per pound.   Of course, canned asparagus is also available but is seriously overcooked with a strong off flavor.


Share Your Recipes:

 

Write a review

Your Name:


Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!

Rating: Bad            Good

Enter the code in the box below:



Powered By OpenCart
Hometown Foods, LLC Online Market © 2017